New forums

New forums

Postby Kevin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 am

You may have noticed these new forums that just showed up under the sub-forum of "DTBL Chatter". The purpose of these new forums will be more apparent once I start to get the new web site up and running, but here is a brief summary. Each team has it's own "chatter" forum. Only you can post new topics in your team's forum, however any league member can reply to your topics. Eventually, each team will have a home page that includes a lot more than just your team stats, which is all the current team pages contain. These team pages will pull posts from the team chatter forum. Essentially, it will be something like having your own Facebook page on this site. Consider your team's forum to be your "wall" where you can post anything on your mind.

It will be helpful for my development of these new team pages if I have some sample data to work with, so feel free to start posting in your forums now. Also, please take some time to come up with an avatar for your DTBL Forum profile. These avatars will be used throughout the new web site, so it would be good if everyone has one. Right now, I'm still using a White Sox logo, but I plan on coming up with a new logo for my team soon. I encourage you to do the same. However, I'd rather you just go with some generic/unrelated avatar than none at all. Click on the "User Control Panel" link on any forum page to access your profile information where you can upload the avatar you wish to use.

Finally, the old forums aren't going anywhere, so you can continue to post in them as well. Recent topics from all forums will appear on the league home page.
Kevin
Commissioner

Re: New forums

Postby Greg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:47 am

Looking good so far, Kevin. Just uploaded an avatar for myself, I'll post a few times to see how my own little piece of the world works.
Greg
Minor Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Greg wrote:Looking good so far, Kevin. Just uploaded an avatar for myself, I'll post a few times to see how my own little piece of the world works.

Thanks Greg. I like the avatar!
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Dom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:41 pm

Kev, isn't time to change your avatar? I would never criticize you for showing your Sox spirit, but I don't see the relation to the Kings. At first I thought you were suggesting that the Sox were the Kings of the MLB, but then I saw your predictions and you don't even predict the Sox to be the 'kings' of the AL Central. I'm guessing you haven't gotten around to doing your own avatar since you've been so busy revamping the site so I found one for you -- I couldn't figure out how to attach a picture, but here's the link -- the photo should be here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/1 ... 19518.html
Dom
Little Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 am

Dom,

As I mentioned in my first post, yes, I plan on changing my avatar. Thank you for the suggestion. Maybe I will go with that one, at least until I can come up with my own. I may need to institute a "No Huffington Post Links" rule for this forum though.

As for the Sox, I really think they should win the AL Central, but I can't predict them to do so until they prove they can beat the Twins head-to-head. I did pick them to win the Wild Card though, which is probably a bit of a stretch since the AL East is likely to have two 95+ win teams.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to Kings