Team pages are finally here!

Team pages are finally here!

Postby Kevin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Well, it only took me four years, but the team pages I said I would be creating are now live. So these individual team forums now actually have a purpose. This was one of several web site enhancements that I released tonight, just in time for the 2015 season. I will outline all of those changes in a separate thread, but first, a few pieces of info about these team pages...

The team pages menu now points to these new pages rather than the team roster/stats pages. Those pages are still accessible from the main menu under "stats". The team pages contain a lot of team related information and links. This isn't a finished product, but hopefully you will find them useful and interesting. The header contains the team owner's avatar along with pennants indicating the championships the franchise has won. You can easily change the image that appears on your team's page simply by updating your avatar.

At the bottom of the team page is the team chatter feed. This basically works the same way as the main league home page. It will show the most recent topics from the team's "chatter" forum. Only the team owner can start a thread in this forum, but anyone can reply. So this is a nice place to vent about your team, or alternatively, to brag about the brilliant moves you are making. Use this any way you want. When you are logged in, there will be a button to start a new thread on your team page. But you can also do this from within the regular DTBL Forum.

Also, only when you are logged in, you can see team owner and email information and a link to send a private message on these team pages. Hopefully you will find this useful. But if you don't want other league members to be able to see your email address, just let me know and I can get rid of this.

Like I said up top, this is just one of several changes I made tonight. You probably already noticed several others, but I'll try to chronicle all of them sometime tomorrow.

Happy Opening Day!
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to Kings