web site additions and modifications

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

web site additions and modifications

Postby Kevin » Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:26 am

I am starting this thread to keep a running list of feature additions and modifications that I make to the web site. You can just check this thread to see what changes have been made. Which leads me to a feature I just added today.... You have probably noticed the --Week-- line for each active player. Until today, this line was always filled with zeros. Now, this line will display the players' stats from the previous seven days. It is NOT their official weekly stats from the previous week like it used to be on the old web site. It is updated daily, so it will always contain stats from the previous seven days. This line should help you determine which of your players are "hot" and which are "not". I'll probably add the week line to inactive players as well, but I need to make a few changes before that will work.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Mon May 05, 2003 11:10 pm

I have several web page modifications to mention. First, as I mentioned in an email last week, you should now receive automated email messages (from me) when another team places a claim on a free agent that you have also attempted to claim. You should also receive messages when you are offered a trade or if a trade is declined/deleted by the other team. The next change is actually more of a change to my stat update program and not the web site itself. I am now saving the team statistics from every day from now on. This will serve two purposes. First, it will allow you to view past standings from any point in the season (once I get that part set up on the web site). Second, it will allow me to correctly calculate the team totals for the "week" stats. Right now, the values you see for the week totals are just the sum of all your active players stats from the last 7 days, regardless if they were on your active roster that whole time or not. Once I have a week's worth of stored team stats, I will implement this change on the team stats pages. This will be at the end of this week. This change is also going to allow me to display weekly stats for players who are not on your active roster. That way, you can see if any of your bench players (or free agents) are playing well enough to deserve a promotion. The player pages now list any transactions that the particular player may have been involved in this season. I'm hoping to retroactively add transactions from previous seasons as well, but that will be a monumental task that will probably have to wait until the offseason. Look for more additions to the player pages in the near future. Finally, I made a change to the leaders page that will not be noticable to you. I was manually modifying the minimum AB/IP requirements for AVG/ERA/WHIP. Now this is done automatically within the web page. That's it for now. Much more to come soon. Enjoy!
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion