2011 Position Changes

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

2011 Position Changes

Postby Kevin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm almost done with the first cut at the 2011 player roster. I should be able to post the player adds/drops later this evening. But in the mean time, I am prepared to list all of the position changes for the upcoming season.

First, I want to explain two exceptions I made to my usual rule of putting players at whatever position they played the most games the previous season. First, I decided to leave Mike Napoli at catcher even though he played a couple more games at first base. I have a long history of making exceptions at catcher since it is a difficult position to come up with enough worthy players to fill all of the slots. Next, I kept Maicer Izturis at second base rather than moving him to third where he played a few more games. He was hurt for most of last season, so he didn't play a ton of games at either position. He was unlikely to make the league roster at all if I slotted him at 3B. Finally, since he isn't on a DTBL roster anyway, I didn't figure I would be cutting anyone a break with this decision.

Here are the players who will be changing positions for 2011:

Alberto Callaspo from 2B to 3B
Jose Lopez from 2B to 3B
Placido Polanco from 2B to 3B (Jackalope)
Ben Zobrist from 2B to OF
Gordon Beckham from 3B to 2B (Mavericks)
Chone Figgins from 3B to 2B
Alex Gordon from 3B to OF
Miguel Tejada from SS to 3B
Ryan Theriot from SS to 2B
Michael Cuddyer from OF to 1B (Choppers)
Adam Dunn from OF to 1B (Cougars)
Garrett Jones from OF to 1B (Demigods)
Luke Scott from OF to 1B
Chase Headley from OF to 3B
Phil Hughes from RP to SP (Choppers)
C.J. Wilson from RP to SP (Choppers)
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion