Trade explanation

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

Trade explanation

Postby Kevin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:13 pm

In case you were glancing at the transactions and were wondering how the Moonshiners acquired Nathan for seemingly nothing, that is not the case. Draft picks were also exchanged. The Moonshiners sent their 2013 2nd round pick to the Demigods for Nathan and a 12th rounder.

On that note, this is a reminder that any trades involving draft picks will need to be confirmed by both parties to me. Sadly, another year has gone by without me adding the functionality of trading future draft picks via the web site.

Also, another reminder with the MLB trade deadline coming up next week: the DTBL trade deadline remains August 15. Only trades approved by the end of 8/15 will be processed.

After a very quiet year for trades in 2011, we've seen several so far this year with a good chance of more in the next few weeks. Eventually, I'll get around to writing about all of them.
Kevin
Commissioner

Re: Trade explanation

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:10 am

There was one additional trade completed prior to the deadline which has not been processed as of this morning due to some built in limitations of the site. I will handle this one this evening.

Moonshiners get: OF Alex Rios and the Darkhorses 11th round pick in 2013
Darkhorses get: C Mike Napoli and the Moonshiners 4th round pick in 2013

I hope to recap all of this season's trades sometime soon. Nice to see some deals going down after a silent 2011.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion