Poll problems

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

Poll problems

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:12 pm

Hey, I had some problems putting up that poll, I'd submit and it wouldn't do anything and then i looked and something had been posted but it didn't have all the options I had included. So if anyone was wondering why there were only 3 teams, there were supposed to be more ... but oh well. If anyone has any tips on making polls, let me know.
Nick
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:40 pm

Nick, Not sure what to suggest on the poll problem. I have not created a poll myself, so I'm not even sure how it works. Regardless, I think the three options you presented are probably the top three "most surprising" candidates anyway (two good, one bad).
Kevin
Commissioner

another error

Postby Kelly » Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:09 pm

I had an error just trying to post a regular reply. When I hit "submit" it came up with an error message telling me there was a problem posting (something like..."could not connect to smtp host," and then a listing of the Apache program file). Then it was asking me to go into "debug mode." It seems that the reply was posted despite the error message though. Kelly
Kelly
Little Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:41 pm

Please continue to post problems like this on this forum (or the comments/suggestions forum). This bulletin board system is VERY difficult for me to debug. First, I did not write any of the code behind it. Second, it is almost impossible for me to reproduce your errors. I get a completely different set of errors myself :) The main problem is that a lot of the links throughout the system are absolute paths, not relative paths. (i.e. the links indicate the full URL http://dtbl.dyndns.org:1234/phpBB2/somefile.php rather than just somefile.php). This is not a problem for any of you, but it is for me. On my local network, I can not access ANY pages using the dtbl.dyndns.org address because that sends me directly to my router configuration. I intentionally designed the league web site to only use relative paths to avoid this problem. Since none of you have any idea what I just said, I'll just sum it up by saying that I need you to continue to post problems you have since I do not get the same errors myself. When I make a change, the only way I'll know if it worked is if you tell me. So please help me out with this. I'll try to keep you updated on any changes I make so you can try them out. Thanks for your help!
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:55 pm

OK, I think I solved the problem Kelly had, but like I said in the previous post, I can't really test this. I had to change a configuration setting for mailing messages... Nick has the option turned on to receive notices when his topics are replied to. There seemed to be a problem sending those messages, which caused the error Kelly received. Hopefully this is set correctly now. I have not figured out the problem Nick mentioned yet.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion