Stat corrections

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

Stat corrections

Postby Kevin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:56 pm

First, thanks to Mike for bringing the following issue to my attention. As some of you know, I was out of the country last week. I've been having problems trying to run the stat update scripts from my iPhone all year, and since that was my only Internet enabled device during my trip, I decided to set up scheduled cron jobs to automatically run the updates. I tested it for a few days before I left and found no issues, so I let it go.

For the most part, it worked pretty well. However, I didn't count on Yahoo being extremely late in updating their pitching stats one of the days I was gone. Unfortunately, it was on the worst possible day: last Thursday when the weekly transaction processing script ran. Therefore, any of the pitchers involved in transactions that day who had pitched last Wednesday (the 29th) had their stats miscalculated. In the case of Wandy Rodriguez and Koji Uehara, they were credited with an appearance that should not have counted. Conversely, Anibal Sanchez and Alfredo Aceves were not credited for an appearance that should have counted prior to their demotions. This evening, I manually adjusted the transactions to fix these mistakes. However, the full player and team stat edits won't occur until tomorrow morning's run. Please let me know if you see any issues, especially with the four players i just mentioned.

Hopefully I have everything right now. I'll go back to running the updates myself for the remainder of the season. I'm much more likely to catch any errors doing it that way.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion