Congrats Nick!

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

Congrats Nick!

Postby Marc » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 am

Way to squeak that one out!

Thanks Kevin for another great season and all the work you did on the race to the finish!

I'm going to be kicking myself this winter over tying for second. Once the trade deadline passed, and I couldn't improve my team anymore, I figured I had no chance to win this and made my peace with picking sixth each round. Oh, if only I had Ike Davis in the lineup this week...

Looking forward to another offseason and draft! Anyone want to make a trade?
Marc
Major Leaguer

Re: Congrats Nick!

Postby Kevin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 am

Seconded. Congrats Nick!

I'm going to write about this in much greater detail later, but this tidbit is too amazing for me to not share right now. Had one of Nick's pitchers allowed one additional hit or walk at any point over the course of the season, we would have had a three way tie for the championship, with a fourth team 1/2 point behind! Nick beat Greg in WHIP by pretty much the smallest conceivable margin.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Greg » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Congrats Nick! That was a crazy end of the year for the league, and another fun year overall. Though, sorry Dave...at least you get next year's first pick, right?

My relievers killed my WHIP this final week, especially Betancourt. Looks like he's back to his lower tier form.
Greg
Minor Leaguer

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Whew, that was so close I couldn't even look at the standings... so this is a nice surprise.

Greg and Kevin -- I figured when Perez had his mini blow up against the Sox 2 nights ago that I'd lost that point in whip. But I guess Betancourt saved me...

Marc -- you had Ike on your bench. I had Home "no-no" Bailey on mine. Oops. That would have hurt had I'd lost that point.

Anyway, thanks guys. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the playoffs.

Oh and Miggy for MVP!
Nick
Major Leaguer

Postby Marc » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Have no doubt - vote Trout!
Marc
Major Leaguer

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:49 am

Congrats, Nick! As I had told Kevin, even when my lead got big, I wasn't going to be comfortable with it until after the last day of the season. Gotta love the spectacular fall from the top at the end there!

At any rate, at least finishing 4th means I get a better draft pick! :D
Mike
Major Leaguer

Return to DTBL Discussion