2013 Player Adds/Drops

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

2013 Player Adds/Drops

Postby Kevin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Here are the players who will be added to, and dropped from, the DTBL roster for the 2013 season. These are not official, so there is time for you to get your two cents in if you think I've made some omissions or cut players who you would like to see remain. There is a good chance a few changes will be made because I've retained at least three players who remain unsigned: Kyle Lohse, Brian Wilson and Jose Valverde. In the case of Lohse, I find it hard to believe that he won't sign somewhere eventually, so he will probably stay. But if Wilson and Valverde don't get jobs soon, they will be replaced.

I haven't decided on a start date for the draft yet, but expect it to be somewhere around March 7. This upcoming weekend, I hope to get the web site set up with the new players and make draft picks available to be traded. So you will have until at least that time to chime in on these player changes.

Catchers
Added:
Rob Brantly, Wellington Castillo, Jason Castro, Tyler Flowers, Yasmani Grandal, Erik Kratz, Ryan Lavarnway, Derek Norris
Dropped:
Rod Barajas, Ryan Hanigan, Ramon Hernandez, Nick Hundley, Kelly Shoppach, Chris Snyder, Josh Thole, Yorvit Torrealba

First Basemen
Added:
Chris Carter, Brandon Moss, Chris Parmelee, Anthony Rizzo
Dropped:
Mike Carp, Travis Hafner, Aubrey Huff, James Loney, Gabby Sanchez, Justin Smoak, Jim Thome

Second Basemen
Added:
Tyler Greene, Jurickson Profar
Dropped:
Alexi Casilla, Orlando Hudson, Maicer Izturis

Third Basemen
Added:
Alberto Callaspo, Juan Francisco, Todd Frazier, Chris Johnson, Jeff Keppinger, Manny Machado, Will Middlebrooks, Chris Nelson, Trevor Plouffe, Kyle Seager
Dropped:
Mat Gamel, Chipper Jones, Brent Morel, Ryan Roberts, Scott Rolen, Ian Stewart, Danny Valencia, Ty Wigginton

Shortstops
Added:
Everth Cabrera, Eduardo Nunez, Josh Rutledge, Jean Segura, Andrelton Simmons
Dropped:
Jason Bartlett, Alex Gonzalez, Sean Rodriguez

Outfielders
Added:
Norichika Aoki, Yoenis Cespedes, Tyler Colvin, Rajai Davis, Andy Dirks, Adam Eaton, Jonny Gomes, Carlos Gomez, Bryce Harper, Starling Marte, Leonys Martin, Darin Mastoianni, Justin Maxwell, Juan Pierre, Josh Reddick, Justin Ruggiano, Michael Saunders
Dropped:
Bob Abreu, Jason Bay, Brennan Boesch, Marlon Byrd, Franklin Gutierrez, Chris Heisey, Carlos Lee, J.D. Martinez, Nyjer Morgan, Alex Presley, Ryan Raburn, Grady Sizemore, Seth Smith, Jose Tabata, Eric Thames, Andres Torres, Vernon Wells

Staring Pitchers
Added:
Brett Anderson, A.J. Burnett, Wei-Yin Chen, Alex Cobb, Yu Darvish, Ross Detwiler, Marco Estrada, Mike Fiers, A.J. Giffin, Jason Hammel, Matt Harvey, Hisashi Iwakuma, Lance Lynn, Paul Maholm, James McDonald, Kris Medlen, Wade Miley, Tommy Milone, Jarrod Parker, Andy Pettitte, Clayton Richard, Jeff Samardzija, Jason Vargas
Dropped:
Scott Baker, Erik Bedard, Josh Collmenter, Bartolo Colon, Daniel Hudson, Ubaldo Jimenez, Jair Jurrjens, Mike Leake, Colby Lewis, Ted Lilly, Francisco Liriano, Cory Luebke, Jeff Niemann, Bud Norris, Ivan Nova, Michael Pineda, Ricky Romero, Jonathan Sanchez, Ervin Santana, Tim Stauffer, Edinson Volquez, Randy Wolf

Relief Pitchers
Added:
Ronald Belisario, Jerry Blevins, Mitchell Boggs, Jared Burton, Santiago Casilla, Steve Cishek, Ryan Cook, Octavio Dotel, Ernesto Frieri, Jason Grilli, Kelvin Herrera, Casey Janssen, Nate Jones, Jake McGee, Darren O'Day, Bobby Parnell, Fernando Rodney, Craig Stammen, Jose Veras, Tom Wilhelmsen, Brad Ziegler
Dropped:
David Aardsma, Alfredo Aceves, Mike Adams, Daniel Bard, Antonio Bastardo, Matt Capps, David Carpenter, Francisco Cordero, Jesse Crain, Aaron Crow, Scott Downs, Kyle Farnsworth, Neftali Feliz, Brian Fuentes, Kevin Gregg, Javy Guerra, Mark Melancon, Edward Mujica, Francisco Rodriguez, Fernando Salas, Matt Thornton, Kerry Wood
Kevin
Commissioner

Re: 2013 Player Adds/Drops

Postby Marc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Looks good, Kevin. Sad to see Romero go. Has our draft order tie breaker been decided? Also, what if we flip-flopped our order each round? So whoever gets the eighth pick in rd 1 gets the ninth in rd 2
Marc
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Marc,

Romero was one of at least a dozen pitchers who I would have liked to have either kept or added. Starting pitching is incredibly deep right now, much like most offensive positions were a decade ago. So a pitcher who has been dropped to #5 in his team's rotation, coming off a terrible year, is probably not going to make the cut.

You will be picking ahead of me. The first tie-breaker for determining order of finish is to compute the standings looking at only the tied teams. I beat you in five categories, you were ahead of me in four and we tied in wins. So, from a draft order standpoint, I finished 2nd in the league last year and you were 3rd. But officially, it goes down as a tie. You will have the 8th pick in each round while I will pick 9th.

Your idea of alternating spots is a decent one, but we've never done it that way in the past so I don't think I'm going to change it now, especially with my team involved.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:59 pm

I wonder who is going no.1... my money is on Juan Pierre.
Nick
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:51 pm

On the eve of the draft, I have decided to make two last minute changes to the draft roster. Since Jose Valverde and Brian Wilson remain unsigned, and there has been little talk of either of them finding a home soon, I have dropped them. Rather than springing brand new players on you on such short notice, instead I have decided to retain two players who had previously been cut: Aaron Crow and Mike Adams. I doubt this will have much of an effect on your draft strategy.

Kyle Lohse also remains unsigned, but I have decided to keep him in the league. Surely, someone will sign him eventually. And I didn't want to cut him following the best season of his career.

So the draft pool is now official. The draft will begin at approximately 7:30 p.m. EST tomorrow evening. Good luck!
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 am

The draft page is broken... it says the Mavs have only one first-round pick this year.
Nick
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 am

Nick wrote:The draft page is broken... it says the Mavs have only one first-round pick this year.

Ha! Well, there is still time for that to change...
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Marc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 am

Nick, are you offering?
Marc
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:05 pm

One final change. This one is literally a last minute change since I'm about to flip the switch to "on" for the draft. Rafael Furcal is going to miss the season after undergoing Tommy John surgery, so he's pretty useless. I'm replacing him with someone only slightly more useful: Brandon Crawford. Hopefully this won't shake up your draft board too much.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion