2017 Position Changes

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

2017 Position Changes

Postby Kevin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:08 pm

I've been chugging along on the 2017 DTBL player roster. I still have a little work to do, mostly on the pitchers lists, but expect I'll be able to post my first draft of the player adds/drops this weekend, if not sooner. In the meantime, here are the players who will be changing positions for this season. It is possible I may have missed some pitcher(s), but this should definitely be the full list of hitters who will be moving. Please reply if you see any potential issues or misses.

Howie Kendrick - From 2B to OF
Chris Owings - From 2B to SS
Anthony Rendon - From 2B to 3B (Jackalope)
Addison Russell - From 2B to SS (Mavericks)
Trea Turner - From 2B to OF (Naturals)
Josh Harrison - From 3B to 2B
Starlin Castro - From SS to 2B
Ian Desmond - From SS to OF (Kings)
Jean Segura - From SS to 2B
Eugenio Suarez - From SS to 3B (Cougars)
Joey Gallo - From OF to 3B (Gators)
Evan Gattis - From OF to C
Wil Myers - From OF to 1B (Gators)
Hanley Ramirez - From OF to 1B (Mavericks)
Raisel Iglesias - From SP to RP
Kevin
Commissioner

Re: 2017 Position Changes

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:03 am

FYI, I made a change to the above list, removing Javier Baez. Following a conversation with Marc, I decided to leave Baez at 2B. He had a very unusual position distribution, having played a few more games at 3B than 2B, but actually starting more games and playing more innings at 2B. I don't recall ever having to make a decision on a player in this same situation. So I've decided to implement a new exception rule for position eligibility. Games played will continue to be the stat I primarily use to make position decisions. However, if a player actually plays more innings at a different position than the one in which he plays the most games, I will allow the owning team to determine the player's position for the upcoming season. For un-owned, draft eligible players, I will continue to use games played as the deciding factor. Of course, it will probably be another 20 years before this situation arises again. But at least I'll have it in writing.

I'm not sure this particular ruling will make much of a difference from a competitive standpoint because 2B is becoming a very strong/deep position. The league-wide average PAR for 2B was actually slightly higher than 3B in 2016. But anyway, if you have a problem with my decision, please reply so we can talk this through.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion