2019 Website Enhancements

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

2019 Website Enhancements

Postby Kevin » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:33 am

Last night, I made a minor cosmetic change to the website. I have a few additional enhancements planned for the upcoming weeks as well, so I'm starting this thread to document them.

Last night's change was to reorder the batter lists on the roster stats, free agents and draft available players pages. They are still sorted by position, but now the position sorting is more sensible by position groupings as opposed to the old alphabetical sorting. The new sorting order is C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF (and then DH for the very early years when that was its own position designation). So shortstops are now with the rest of the infielders instead of the bottom of the list and catchers are moved up top. This was a pretty simple change and it is kind of embarrassing I didn't do it years ago. Hopefully it won't take you too long to adjust to the new order.

More coming soon!
Kevin
Commissioner

Re: 2019 Website Enhancements

Postby Kevin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:29 pm

When you go to submit your Opening Day lineup, you will notice another change I made, which for the time being, is also only cosmetic. For the upcoming season, MLB is renaming the disabled list to the injury list. So I am taking this opportunity to also rename the "D.L." to the "I.L.". Except, unlike MLB, "I" will stand for "inactive" rather than "injured", to more accurately represent what these slots have always meant in this league. Any player who is not on an active roster is eligible for the inactive list. This includes injured, suspended or minor league players. As has always been the case, free agent signings are not eligible to be directly placed in an IL slot. They must be placed in an active or minor league slot for at least a week before being shifted to the IL. And of course, each team can still have a max of two players in IL slots at any given time. Finally, please note that for now, I'm continuing to use "d" as the transaction designation for players being placed on, or activated from, the inactive list. So you'll still see "d" when viewing pending transactions. I intend to change this down the road, but that will require some additional back-end work.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion