2024 Position Changes

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

2024 Position Changes

Postby Kevin » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:41 pm

I'm just about done with my first draft of the 2024 DTBL player roster. But first, let's go over the players who will be changing positions in this league this year. As has been the case in recent years, this is another pretty long list. It's both quantity and quality this year. There are some very big names on this list. I want to mention a couple other guys who would be on the list if they wind up making the league roster. Both are trending towards being cut though. That would be Red Sox teammates Tanner Houck and Garrett Whitlock. Houck would be moving to SP if he survives the cut while Whitlock would shift to RP. Coincidentally, both guys made the opposite switch last year. Additionally, Whit Merrifield played exactly the same number of games at 2B and OF last year. Because Mike kept him, he will have the option of choosing to leave him at 2B or move him to the OF for this season, but will need to finalize that decision before the draft. And of course, as always, Mike can choose to put Shohei Ohtani at either OF or SP. Not much of a decision to be made on that this time.

(2/21 EDIT): It's now looking like Whitlock will remain on the league roster, so I'm adding him to the list below.

Here are the players who will be changing positions for 2024:

MJ Melendez - From C to OF
Luis Arraez - From 1B to 2B (Jackalope)
Seth Brown - From 1B to OF
Jazz Chisholm - From 2B to OF (Mavericks)
Jake Cronenworth - From 2B to 1B
Wilmer Flores - From 2B to 1B
Vaughn Grissom - From 2B to SS (Choppers)
Trevor Story - From 2B to SS
Yandy Diaz - From 3B to 1B (Diamond Dogs)
Brandon Drury - From 3B to 2B (Demigods)
Justin Turner - From 3B to 1B
Tommy Edman - From SS to 2B
Nico Hoerner - From SS to 2B (Choppers)
Ha-Seong Kim - From SS to 2B (Cougars)
Bryson Stott - From SS to 2B (Kings)
Fernando Tatis - From SS to OF (Demigods)
Bryce Harper - From OF to 1B (Darkhorses)
Alex Kirilloff - From OF to 1B
Andrew Vaughn - From OF to 1B (Moonshiners)
Garrett Whitlock - From SP to RP
Hunter Brown - From RP to SP (Mavericks)
Michael King - From RP to SP (Kings)

I could have the player add/drop list ready as early as tomorrow, but for sure by the end of the week. So stay tuned for that.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion