DTBL News instructions

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

DTBL News instructions

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:04 pm

As you may have noticed, I have links on the main page for recent messages posted to this board (maybe that is how you arrived at this message). I also just added links to DTBL News articles. Any posts on forums other than "DTBL News" appear in one list. DTBL News posts have their own list. This allows any of you to easily post news articles. In fact, I am strongly encouraging you to do this as often as you can. It will help keep the site fresh and will allow someone other than me a chance to express opinions. The news forum is set up so that nobody can reply to the posts. It is simply there to post articles. Discussions should be posted to any of the other forums. Please type the headline of your article in the "Subject" box and then proceed with the remainder of the article in the main message box. This board system does allow some text manipulation, which you can discover on your own. If you decide to add player photos to your articles, click on the "Img" button. It will create an image tag. Type the URL of the image you wish to display inside of this tag. If you are looking to put one of my player photos in the article, the URL to use is http://dtbl.dyndns.org:1234/photos/XXXX.jpg. Replace XXXX with the player's id. To find out a player's id, just go to the player's page from the DTBL site. The address of this page will be ....php?id=XXXX. The number on this page is the same number that you will want to use for this photo. Of course, you can link photos from anywhere on the web instead if you choose. I hope you enjoy these new features. The idea is to keep this league as fun and as interesting as possible. Please post anything on your mind. Of course, do keep in mind that I can easily delete anything I deem inappropriate or offensive :) Other than that, pretty much anything goes!
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion