Draft List

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

Draft List

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:20 am

Thanks for getting the list out, Kevin. It looks pretty complete to me. You've done a great job as usual. My only suggestion is that I would like to see Nick Johnson stick around for another year. I realize he's stunk it up the last two years but he should be starting for the recharged Nationals and I think he could put up some good totals. Heck, if Hee Seop Choi is good enough to make it, why isn't Johnson?

Obviously this is not a big deal and I will not lose any sleep over it either way. Just thought he could be useful to a team in need of power if he finally stays healthy this year. My only other suggestion, which is even more of a stretch, is to keep Ramon Ortiz around. He's on a new team and he pitched well in the second half for the Angels. Just a thought.

Oh, and what about Dallas McPherson? I guess he played too few games last year. That's fair enough.

I should be posting a blog sometime soon. I most likely will be commenting on L.A. sports teams and other various items. Well, I'm looking forward to the draft. It looks more promising for hitting than pitching. That's it for now.

Nick
Nick
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:08 am

Nick... thanks for the comments. As a result, I will definitely take another look at Nick Johnson. I think part of the reason why he got cut is because the depth chart I was using had Wilkerson at first base for the Nationals, but he will almost certainly be somewhere in the outfield.

I'm not likely to change my mind on Ortiz or McPherson. It was surprisingly difficult to cut down to the list of starting pitchers you see this year. I had to leave off several pitchers that I wanted to keep. Ortiz could have a very good year, but his five wins from '04 were not enough to justify keeping him. You are correct about McPherson. He just did not play enough to warrant a spot, in my opinion. I've always been pretty stingy on adding rookies, as I'm sure you know. I'll make an exception for a guy who tore it up in limited action, but that was not the case for McPherson. I'm sure he'll be in the league next year though.

Anyone else have any comments?
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion