*** Web site update thread ***

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

*** Web site update thread ***

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:00 am

Rather than sending an email to the DTBL list every time I make a minor change to the DTBL web site, I have decided to keep a running log of the changes right here in this thread. Feedback is strongly encouraged, but please make any comments or suggestions in the "Comments & Suggestions" forum instead of replying in this thread.

Thanks!
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:12 am

1/29/06 Updates:

I decided to pick a new photo to use as the backdrop for the DTBL header graphic. The previous photo was of Roger Clemens on the mound at Fenway Park (when he was still with the Yankees). This new one is Freddy Garcia pitching for the Sox against the A's. I don't recall who the batter is. Its a photo I took at a game last summer.

Let me know what you think. I still have the old graphic as well if you'd like to have it for historic purposes.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:16 am

1/30/06 Updates:

The web site is now set up to handle trades. The only transactions you will be able to make at this time are trades. You should be able to include draft picks in your trade offers as well.

The "Draft Central" page is also available now. I think I have updated it to indicate any draft picks that were traded last season, but let me know if you see any mistakes. Also, please note that the "Available Players" list is not even remotely accurate at this point. It is simply a list of all the players from last year who did not make the roster cuts. Some of these players will be available in the draft, but most will be replaced by new players. Of course I will keep you posted on when the actual draft list becomes available.

Also, I forgot to mention that I have made some data changes that fixed some problems on a few different pages. You may have noticed that the individual pitchers pages incorrectly calculated career totals for ERA and WHIP. This has been fixed. The other significant fix was to the "Leaders" page. If you ever tried viewing the all time league leaders or even single franchise leaders, the totals have never included the current season. Starting this year, the career leaderboards will correctly display updated stat totals. This will make it MUCH easier to track upcoming milestones and things of that nature.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:53 am

2/11/06 updates:

Two very small updates today. First, on this very message board, the default phpBB logo was replaced by a minimized version of the DTBL header graphic. Eventually I'll make this look better, but at least I got rid of the phpBB thing. Also, clicking on that graphic will now take you to the main page rather than the message forum index.

The second update was an addition to the blog pages. When setting up or editing your personal blog, there are now a few new templates to choose from so not everyone's blog has to look the same. To take advantage of this, just click on the "Blog CP" link and go down to the template selection. Personally, I like the basic "simple gray" that we've all been using. But now you have the opportunity to pick a different one. I can't take credit for designing any of these... they were all downloaded.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:53 pm

Sorry about the updates this week. Two straight days I have not updated the stats until the late evening. Yesterday, it was my fault because I screwed something up when I attempted to run the update program. Today, I never received the stats via email until just now when I forced a manual send. Not sure why that happened, but hopefully it will be back to normal tomorrow.

FYI, I'm just about done with an update program that will allow stats to be updated via the web. Most of you could not care less, but the benefit of this is that I, or someone I designate, will be able to run updates even when I'm out of town. My goal is to get this up and running before I leave town for Memorial Day weekend. I may have a couple of you help test this for me.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:17 pm

I made a couple small changes today. The first was something I promised a long time ago. Now you can easily see how many free agent signings you (or any other team) have left for the year. It is printed near the top of the roster page.

The other new feature is displayed immediately above that. You can now find out what date the current stats are through. This will be helpful on days when I'm having problems or am otherwise unable to update the stats in the morning. The date displayed is the date the stats are through, not the date the update ran, so it will usually be a day behind. This new date also appears on the standings page.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion