More stat problems

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

More stat problems

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:01 am

I don't want to flood your inbox with all of these issues I'm having with my stats provider, so I'm just posting this one here.

Today, the stats arrived at 8 a.m. like they are supposed to, so I went ahead and ran the update. Afterwards, I noticed the stats are far from complete through yesterday's games. Its almost as if the stats were being updated as the games were going on and they quit around 9 p.m. For example, Orlando Hernandez pitched deep into the game last night, but is listed with 2 innings pitched in my stats.

Very unusual stuff... I'll see if I get another file later today, but otherwise I'll just hope for the best tomorrow!
Kevin
Commissioner

re:stat problems

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:27 am

Maybe you're using the same provider as ESPN.com. My league over there is also having stat problems, as well as other annoying issues. The whole fantasy world is upside down right now. I thought stat geeks were supposed to be smart. Or maybe this is a sign that computers are getting ready to takeover the world.
Nick
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:57 pm

Ok, they sent updated stats again late this morning, so I just re-ran today's update. As far as I can tell, it's correct now. However, I wouldn't put much faith in the pink (inactive) row markers because they seem to have a bunch of players marked as inactive who should not be. And they all happen to play for the Cardinals, so I have no idea what's going on there. For the time being, I'd suggest keeping your eye on the MLB transaction list rather than trusting the data here.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion