Bonds and Clemens

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

Bonds and Clemens

Postby Kevin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:03 pm

I'm currently working on the DTBL roster for 2008 and wanted to elicit some opinions on whether or not Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be included in the league for '08. My first instinct would be to leave both out since neither have contracts for the upcoming season nor does any team seem particularly interested in acquiring them. However, these are two of the greatest players in league history that we are talking about.

Right now, I'm leaning towards dropping both of them. Clemens is almost certainly going to get cut since I don't believe he has any intention of playing. Bonds is trickier because if it were up to him, I believe he would come back for one more year and could certainly have some value in the DTBL if that happens. Problem is, I'm not sure any team is willing to take the chance of signing him.

So what do you think?
Kevin
Commissioner

re: Bonds and Clemens

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:19 am

I'd drop Clemens for sure. I think Bonds is in the same boat, though it may depend more on what player you'd be leaving out to keep him in the league. My guess is that other player would have a better shot at playing, so I'd probably dump Bonds too.

Nick

PS I noticed Mike Piazza was kept by one of the teams. If he doesn't sign, what happens to him?
Nick
Major Leaguer

Postby Marc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Nick summed up pretty much what I think about Clemens/Bonds in the DTBL
Marc
Major Leaguer

Re: re: Bonds and Clemens

Postby Kevin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Nick wrote:PS I noticed Mike Piazza was kept by one of the teams. If he doesn't sign, what happens to him?

Piazza will remain in the league even if he does not sign with a team since he is on the Choppers roster.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion