Stats update

Post any thoughts you have on how we can improve this league. Give suggestions for rule changes or mention any ideas you have to improve the web site.

Stats update

Postby Dom » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Kev,

Noticed something odd in the stats update this morning. For some reason Cole Hamels' weekly state line is all zeros though it looks like it did correctly update his season stats for yesterday's game. It doesn't look like the glitch impacted the overall stats/standings, but I thought I'd point it out.
Dom
Little Leaguer

Re: Stats update

Postby Kevin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:39 am

Dom, this is an issue I've known about for a couple years but haven't bothered fixing. The way the weekly stats update works, if it doesn't find a player in the stats file from a week ago, it defaults all stats to zeros. In the case of Hamels, he had not made his first start yet a week ago, so he was not included in the stats file that day. This should take care of itself in the next couple days as most players will have made their first appearance of the season more than 7 days ago. You'll continue to see this happen as injured players return though.

This dates back to a change I should have made a few years ago when I stopped receiving daily stats via email. Those old files used to contain every player in them, even those who had not played in a game yet. My current stats retrieval program doesn't do that.

As you noted, the weekly stats have no bearing on the overall stats/standings, so it is not a huge priority for me to fix, but thanks for bringing this up.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to Comments & Suggestions