Draft order

This is an open forum for anything related to the Dream Team Baseball League.

Draft order

Postby Kevin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:49 am

First of all, a huge congrats to Marc on a very well deserved championship! I'll have much more to add to that in the championship article I post in the next day or two.

While there was no drama at the top of the standings, there were some other very interesting developments down the line. I managed to cost myself the first pick in the draft on the final day of the season, so congrats to Greg on that! At least it spares me the embarrassment of going from first to worst.

Next, we had a pair of ties: Cougars and Naturals for second place and Darkhorses and Moonshiners for fifth place. If you are curious about what this means for draft position next year, the only real tie-breaker is head-to-head standings ("winner" picks last). But in both cases, that also comes out to a tie if my quick examination of the standings was correct. Therefore, these draft order spots will be determined by a coin flip. I will perform those coin flips with at least one other witness at a later date.
Kevin
Commissioner

Re: Draft order

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Congrats, Marc! We really shouldn't have let you have Aaron Judge for free.
Mike
Major Leaguer

Postby Marc » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 pm

thanks guys! Without Judge maybe this would have been a close race :)
Marc
Major Leaguer

Postby Kevin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:22 pm

First tie-breaker coin toss was performed last night with Mike as my witness. For the Cougars/Naturals second place tie, the Cougars "won" the toss, meaning they will pick 8th in each round of the draft while the Naturals will pick 9th.

I will see Kelly on Monday, so we will do a coin toss to break the Moonshiners/Darkhorses tie then.
Kevin
Commissioner

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:43 pm

The second coin toss was conducted yesterday, with Kelly as the witness. The Moonshiners "won" the toss, so they will select 5th in each round followed by the Darkhorses in the 6th slot.

Here is the official 2018 draft order:
1) Kathleen's team
2) Kings
3) Jackalope
4) Choppers
5) Moonshiners
6) Darkhorses
7) Demigods
8 ) Cougars
9) Naturals
10) Mavericks

As soon as the roster cuts are processed at the end of the month, I'll get these picks entered so they can be included in trade offers.
Kevin
Commissioner

Return to DTBL Discussion